[Tagging] building=yes for multiple building

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 16 15:38:45 UTC 2016

As Simon P says "we allow and support progression from rough to more
detailed."

To use your terrace example:

building=yes is OK, but far from perfect
building=terrace is good, but there's still room for improvement
mapping each house & tagging them building=house/office etc is much
better especially if combined with other tags such as addresses.

What detail you decide to map to is up to you, depending on time & patience.

Dave F.

On 16/03/2016 14:47, joost schouppe wrote:
> Is it OK to map multiple buildings as one closed line with the
> building=yes tag? Or does building=yes imply it is one single building?
> There is the terrace value, but that implies one orderly structure,
> not the hodgepodge of houses, buildings and extensions that define
> organically grown blocks.
>
> There are a couple of "multiple" values too, which make sense, but is
> undocumented and maybe overly precise.
>
> --
> Joost @
> Openstreetmap <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/> |