[Tagging] AirBnB

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 04:41:08 UTC 2016

I'm looking for a consistent way to tag AirBnB locations. It's probably
sufficient to tag them as tourism=guest_house but personally as one who
frequently uses AirBnB, I would like to be able to locate them more
precisely than is possible using the maps on their website, which are not
very exact. The locations can be off by several city blocks and when one is
pulling a big roller bag along behind it would be nice be able to walk
directly to the correct location.

In searching Taginfo, I saw only a few instances of the word "AirBnB" and
most of those were tagged as operator=AirBnB. As I understand it, the
operators are the owners of the property whereas AirBnB is a corporation
that contracts with those owners in some sort of a franchise arrangement.

Another common tag containing the term "AirBnB" is the website URL that
points to the specific property. The one I'm working on at the moment is
near where I live and is quite a nice venue:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/6020019

Suggestions?

--
Dave Swarthout