[Tagging] Subject: Feature Proposal - RFC - highway=social_path

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 06:34:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:54:31 -0700
Alan McConchie <alan.mcconchie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note: As an experiment, we tagged 17 features in Marin County,
> California, as highway=social_path, but these have subsequently been
> re-tagged as highway=path, access=no

Well, highway=path, access=no is covering case of paths illegal to use.
One may add widely used tags like surface, smoothness etc to describe
in more detail. One may also add use/propose new tags - maybe
social_path=yes may be a new one.

I see no point in creating a new tag for paths/footways illegal to use,
given that current tagging covers it and among interested data
consumers there is support for access=no/private.