[Tagging] Tagging natural or historic regions

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 23:34:45 UTC 2016

The precision/accuracy is not only limited by the instruments used but
also the knowledge used.

For some things OSM has access to very precise data. In other instances
it is fuzzy. For some things .. the past entries has been much improved
by new data from other sources  (sometimes opening of government sources)

No mater the precision/accuracy .. is the information
usefull/informative? That should be the criteria for data entry, not
its' accuracy/precision. Signifying the accuracy/precision has no formal
tag .. I usually enter a note if I am concerned, or if I am really
uncertain and want to wave a flag that it should be fixed .. then a
fixme tag suits. But I have no objection to 'fuzzy' data ... provided it
is usefull/informative.