[Tagging] Solar farms

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 00:29:03 UTC 2016

Hi Dave,

Indeed power=generator + generator:method=photovoltaic is definitely
what you need.

Just remember power=generator is intended for devices instead of facilities.
In your case, power=generator should apply on individual photovoltaic
modules or on areas where several equivalent modules are installed.

In case of a dedicated facility designed to produce electricity with
photovoltaic modules, you may be interested to surround the whole site
with a power=plant area.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:power%3Dplant

On both generator and facility, it's highly useful to add operator
name if known and output power with generator:output:electricity in MW
as mentioned.

But power=plant isn't suitable for individual roof where PV modules
are installed for domestic purpose as well.

Feel free to ask for more information if needed

All the best

François
François Lacombe

fl dot infosreseaux At gmail dot com