[Tagging] Tagging parade_ground?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 21:02:18 UTC 2016

> sent from a phone
>
>> Am 26.03.2016 um 22:49 schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>>
>> In OSM currently
>>
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/121391269
>
> Thank you, I understand now, I agree it could   be seen as a kind of pitch (like you tagged it),

Err .. that is a previous tag. I would assume generated from an armchair mapper. How I cam across it .. I have been using traginfo to fine leisure=pitch without a sport= tag as a 'tidy up' thing. Without local knowledge it would have remained incorrectly tagged.

>   not sure if "parading" could be considered a kind of sport (while e.g. cheerleading is). What about amenity=parade_ground?

I'd not use amenity .. as it is of little interest to the general community.

landuse=recreation_ground would be more 'suitable' than leisure=pitch? I think the landuse key is most suitable... so far.

> Although this might not be a military facility, parading is kind of military pass time, so reusing the military tag seems also not completely unsuitable to me.

Frequently used by the military, but used by others too.