[Tagging] furniture maker

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:37:35 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 31.03.2016 um 10:08 schrieb Andreas Labres <list at lab.at>:
> And what if that craftsman works on both building houses and making furniture ("Bau- und Möbeltischlerei" in German)?

there are several professions that deal with working wood, e.g.

-cabinetmaker (is a joiner specialized in furniture aka Möbeltischler)

-carpenter (likely what in German is called Zimmermann, also for ships, I believe also for Schalungsbau (concrete formwork))

-joiner (I think this is the German Tischler/Schreiner, also for wooden claddings etc., does finer work then a carpenter, could be specialized in furniture and/or interiors)

-framer (also a Zimmermann, but specialized in frame work = wooden structures)

-timberman (also a Zimmermann, I believe for wood work in mines)

-shopfitter (does the interiors of retail shops)

I m sure there are even more professions that work with wood to construct something, e.g. specialized in building yachts etc.


More information about the Tagging mailing list