[Tagging] Should greenhouse et al have building=yes? (was building=digester)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:20:55 UTC 2016

Can I ask a silly question at this stage - taking something like a
greenhouse, would someone ever treat it differently depending on whether
it has a building tag or not?

In my case when trying to figure out how to render things like this the
answer was "no":

https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/SomeoneElse-style/blob/master/style.lua#L608

but in some cases a building tag was used as a cue for some other rendering:

https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/SomeoneElse-style/blob/master/style.lua#L1502

If a greenhouse is a greenhouse, regardless of whether or not it has a
building tag in OSM, surely it doesn't matter whether or not it is
tagged building=yes?

Cheers,

Andy