[Tagging] Busways

althio althio.forum at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:01:51 UTC 2016

My 2 cents:

I am very much in favour of b) highway=* (all the range from motorway,
link, prim./sec./tert. to service) + access/vehicle=no and
bus/psv=yes/designated.

Hence:
> I propose expanding the highway=service to roads that are for one very specific, non-general-public use, and the addition of service=bus for roads that are dedicated to buses
-1, too different from existing definition and global usage of highway=service

> I'm proposing to formalize (by documenting on the wiki) a practice that is already widespread, namely to tag busways as highway=service.
-1, some of them are possibly properly tagged as highway=service, that
is not the only case in my opinion.

> I think you should consider the access rights (access=no, bus=yes) and the road classification (highway=service/unclassified) as two separate things.
> Ask yourself what kind of highway-tag you would use, if the road was not limited to buses only.
+1, use meaningful tag for level of this road (for the bus in overall
road network)

> I look at service highways as most general highways. All highways are service highways, but residential highways are a special type, motorways are another special type and so on.
> So anything that is a highway but is none of these special types, then it's a service.
-1, not my understanding

-- althio