[Tagging] Proper Tag for Not-a-Roundabout

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 8 13:35:06 UTC 2016

On 08/11/2016 11:07, Daniel Hofmann wrote:
> In the second example "Skalitzer Straße" has right of way.

Are you sure? Reichenberger Straße appears to be mapped incorrectly as
it joins directly into Kottbusser Tor & the pedestrian crossing is
nearer Kottbusser Tor (note the crossing & path are to the West of the
steps up to the railway station.

The lights at that crossing also appear to control vehicle access onto
Kottbusser Tor.

Caveat: I'm using streetview so the images could be out of date.

If the lights were removed (or temporarily failed) drivers wouldn't
think they have right access on entering the Tor or suddenly start
driving clockwise around it. They'd treat it like a roundabout because
it is a roundabout.

> ...But it's a hack and that's exactly my point: there should be a
> proper tagging scheme to tag this.

But from what I understand you want a tag saying it's not a roundabout
so you can route it as if it was a roundabout.

DaveF