[Tagging] Sub tags for sport=soccer

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 21:47:21 UTC 2016

On 10-Nov-16 09:20 PM, Dave F wrote:
> I've been tagging 5-a-side as its own sport, but willing to amend them
> to sub-tags. Note I used hyphens not underscores, which is how it's
> described in most dictionaries:
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/five-a-side
>
> DaveF.

I don't mind either way - sub tag or as complete new tags. For structure
and as the tag has been used, at least as I have come across it in the
UK, sub tags looks to be better? Don't know for sure.

I have used hyphens for shot-put as that is a combined word and that is
how it appears in dictionaries. However that throws errors in osmose and
one person has objected to it saying it should be an underscore. For a
substitute for a space traditionally an underscore is used.  Five a side
(with or with out underscores/hyphens nor 5 rather than five)  is not in
my Australian dictionary of some 1,400 A4 pages.

I don't like reducing   11_a_side to 11 .. I don't think that people
will realise what it means as easily without referring to a wiki.