[Tagging] stop area hierarchy

Tue Nov 15 18:50:14 UTC 2016

On 15-11-16 18:26, Jo wrote:
> I tend to ignore those validator messages from JOSM. We could invent
> stop_area_group, but  then we would simply get different warnings.
>
> When I make stop_area relations, I include everything that belongs
> together for one side of the road or that belongs to 1 platform in a bus
> station.

Whoa, that's quite different from how I interpret the stop_area. For
example, for a "normal" bus stop, this would include 4 nodes (or 2 nodes
and 2 ways): a platform and a stop_position for each direction.

A bus station with 6 platforms would contain 12 nodes/ways at least, 2
per platform, + associated shelters, station nodes etc.

What makes you think a stop_area belongs to exactly one
stop_position+platform?

Tijmen