[Tagging] stop area hierarchy

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 17:26:04 UTC 2016

I tend to ignore those validator messages from JOSM. We could invent
stop_area_group, but  then we would simply get different warnings.

When I make stop_area relations, I include everything that belongs together
for one side of the road or that belongs to 1 platform in a bus station.
Then I group those in a stop_area containing all those stop_area relations.
If there is a bus station and a metro station next to a train station I
have 3 such stop_area relations, which get group once again in a stop_area
relation. The names don't necessarily correspond at the different levels.
There might even be an airport included in the top level of the hierarchy,
or a port terminal for ferries.

Polyglot