[Tagging] stop area hierarchy

Michael Tsang miklcct at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:23:40 UTC 2016

On Tuesday 15 November 2016 19:50:14 Tijmen Stam wrote:

> Whoa, that's quite different from how I interpret the stop_area. For
> example, for a "normal" bus stop, this would include 4 nodes (or 2 nodes
> and 2 ways): a platform and a stop_position for each direction.

In Hong Kong, we always consider bus stops in opposite directions different bus
stops (including the information systems of bus companies). So, for a pair of
bus stops for different directions, even they have the same name and share the
same stop_position, I make 2 stop_areas, one for each direction, possibly
sharing the stop_position. We seldom consider "crossing the road to change
bus" to be the same as transferring at the same spot (原站轉車), as in the case of
platforms immediately adjacent to the other on the same side of the road.

Though, in bus stations, we consider all platforms and stop_positions to be
the same stop_area, even they are on different tracks (車坑), again, the same
practice as bus companies.

Michael

--
Sent from KMail