[Tagging] How might we best map emergency helicopter landing zones?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Tue Nov 22 13:33:11 UTC 2016

aeroway=helipad should be used only for built-up infrastructure, not for
emergency places that have a different use normally.

An emergency landing place is nothing but a predefined clear space, it
could be a soccer pitch or a big lawn in a park in normal situations.

There is already "emergency=landing_site" defined and used 1800 times
that seems to fit the purpose of Blake exactly?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlanding_site