[Tagging] railway=rail vs. railway=subway

jc86035 jc86035 at openmailbox.org
Wed Nov 23 12:20:00 UTC 2016

Assuming that the currently under-construction extensions to the lines
(the Sha Tin to Central Link) also have a similar loading gauge, should
they (East and West Rail Lines, Ma On Shan Line and Sha Tin to Central
Link) then all be tagged railway=rail?

For what it's worth, Centamap (non-free map with government source)
displays most of the three open lines as a black line with white
stripes, but interestingly with the Kowloon Southern Link (a 2009
extension) in a light blue with white stripes like the other MTR lines.
Maybe it's just because it was opened by the MTR after the merger of the
two systems.

jc86035

Michael Reichert: