[Tagging] fixme -- by a specific date

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 07:04:58 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> What I am after is a higher fidelity solution that also goes beyond
> 'seasonality'. What do you think?

​your proposal for a alarm-time on a fixme - for which a small bit of
programming could cause a Note to appear when due, and maybe drop an email
to the author of the fixme too ? - seems appropriate if the closure is
sufficiently indefinite ​that it needs to be ground-checked (or at least
press-release checked) that it has reopened on schedule (rather than being
late as construction often is). I can see that this is usually going to be
preferable to a change self-reverting on schedule !

​And i see access <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access>:
conditional <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:conditional>=*
includes sunrise-sunset or vice versa . ( I wonder if the nearby parkways
are so tagged. Hmm. No.  note #799410 added. Since i only use that parkway
as a rushhour bypass in the summer, I'm not certain so won't armchair it
wrong! )​

Is there a gap betwixt fixme-with-alarm, seasonal=*, and access
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access>:conditional
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:conditional>=* ​for which we
​_would_ want temporary closure to revert without a fresh survey and data
upload and without a fresh download to the renderer/router ?
​If so, we need to define the difference betwixt them.​
If not, your proposal just needs syntax (and proposals for tools to suport).

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/n1vux