[Tagging] Tagging of Country Names

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:36:14 UTC 2016

On 28/10/2016 10:51, Sven Geggus wrote:
> There might be another option. Given a hstore database or wikidata
> column it
> would be very easy to build a query_wikidata psql function which will query
> wikidata like this:
>
> select query_wikidata(tags->'wikidata') from planet_osm_point where ...;
>
> This would be only a few lines of pl/pgsql wrapper code using pgcurl:
> https://github.com/Ormod/pgcurl

The problem that was identified the last time that this was discussed
was that we weren't able to find a scaleable way of querying wikidata:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2015-May/072993.html

Obviously that's much less of an issue for countries (228 values) than
for "all names in OSM" (53,258,173 values)

Cheers,

Andy