[Tagging] Winery "tasting rooms"

Jack Burke burkejf3 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 20:40:09 UTC 2016

I know of several wineries that operate a tasting room facility separate from the winery itself. I'm trying to come up with the right tagging scheme to use on them. Since they aren't located at the actually winery, craft=winery seems incorrect. In the wiki, shop=winery isn't defined, although that would be a good candidate. As far as I know, they don't fit the expectation of a wine cellar, so tourism=wine_cellar sounds wrong, even though some sort of tourism tag appears to be called for.

So far,

amenity=bar (sometimes with ;restaurant  added on)
wine=yes
tourism=attraction

is the best I have come up with.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

-jack
--
Typos courtesy of fancy auto spell technology