[Tagging] Best tagging practices for winery "tasting rooms"

Jack Burke burkejf3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 14:41:02 UTC 2016

I know of several wineries that operate a tasting room facility separate
from the winery itself. I'm trying to come up with the right tagging scheme
to use on them. Since they aren't located at the actually winery,
craft=winery seems incorrect. In the wiki, shop=winery isn't defined,
although that would be a good candidate. As far as I know, they don't fit
the expectation of a wine cellar, so tourism=wine_cellar sounds wrong, even
though some sort of tourism tag appears to be called for.

So far,

amenity=bar (sometimes with ;restaurant  added on)
wine=yes
tourism=attraction

is the best I have come up with.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

-jack

PS: I have no idea how my earlier message on this ended up threaded in the
wadi discussion.  I sent it as a new message.  But I'm resending it so it
has its own thread.