[Tagging] More no_u_turn

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 07:48:22 UTC 2016

> My suggestion is only for intersections.
> U_turns along a road are a whole new ball-game and are dependant on inter
> carriageway markings  that are not normally tagged. I think these turns are
> best left to the driver, the map-data and the router should ignore them.

All intersections in real life are mostly "along a road" in the OSM data
model (unless you are exactly at the intersection node in the center of the
intersection), because for u-turns the situation is different than for
turns, as I have tried to explain. If you tag it on a node, the router
could still suggest a u-turn 1mm before or after this intersection node.
Additionally, at crossings there are often no carriageway markings (could
be country specific).

Cheers,
Martin