[Tagging] cave_entrance. ref and name

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 09:30:58 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 03, 2016 at 02:46:40PM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> sent from a phone
>
> > Il giorno 31 ago 2016, alle ore 12:23, Richard <ricoz.osm at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> >
> > Apparently such ids are already used in OSM (https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1049851511).
>

> yes, this thread is about the name tag
>
> Are there any objections to make clear on the cave entrance page that "name" on a cave entrance object is the name of the cave entrance?

another thought, it is ok to use natural=cave_entrance + cave:ref + cave:name for
caves with one mapped entry but I would consider it ugly to have some 8 entrances
each duplicating cave:ref and cave:name

Also consider that some caves may have multiple cav:ref type ids assigned, it might
be a bit too much to ask renderers to handle all this sanely.

Richard