[Tagging] tunnel=building_passage or covered=yes

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 10 11:09:56 UTC 2016

Hmm...
The building_passage tag (65 445) is a new one to me.
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/tunnel=building_passage

Looking at the wiki it's very similar to covered=yes (254 624)
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/covered

I thought there was a discussion here where it was agreed to be a tunnel
it would need to be below natural ground (ie a mountain or river bed).
These 'building_passage' all appear to be at ground level.

Is there a difference I'm not aware of?

Dave F.