[Tagging] tunnel=building_passage or covered=yes

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sun Sep 11 14:24:35 UTC 2016

W dniu 11.09.2016 15:48, Dave F napisał(a):
> On 10/09/2016 12:43, Daniel Koć wrote:
>>
>> BTW: There's also another interesting and quite established tag -
>> highway=corridor, which I've found lately:
>>
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dcorridor
>>
> Oh Great Scott.
> It doesn't tell anyone who can travel along it. It's useless. All
> descriptions of a highway should be in secondary tags.

For me that's what the access=* tag is for.

We have dozen primary types and subtypes (_link) of roads defined and
all the pedestrian squeezed into just 3 general types with no clear
distinction - I think this is not healthy to treat them as a second
class citizens any longer.

On standard style (osm-carto) you have all the colors to know the road
class just by looking at it, while we have still no clue when the path
should be rendered earlier (outdoor) or later (indoor) than standard,
and this would be very useful, even if still using just one color.

--
"To co ludzie zwą marskością wątroby/ Tak naprawdę jest śmiercią z
tęsknoty" [Afro Kolektyw]