[Tagging] Cenotaph WAS Re: Tagging memorial sites

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 14:51:16 UTC 2016

tomb=cenotaph sounds perfect, if unusual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steuben_Memorial_State_Historic_Site#/media/File:Baron_von_Steuben_Monumental_Tomb_Jul_10.jpg
is the cenotaph that I was mapping when the question arose. Baron von
Steuben's remains are in an unmarked grave somewhere nearby. The 'memorial
tomb' was erected, contrary to his express wish to be buried in an unmarked
grave, decades after his death. It is claimed, but by no means certain,
that the memorial covers his remains. He is most certainly not entombed
within it.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com