[Tagging] tagging floodplain

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:45:14 UTC 2016

There was a proposal a while back for a 'water=intermittent' tag, which
might be revised for the situation, perhaps with some additional tagging to
describe whether the area is inundated seasonally or only sporadically.

For the 'official' flood control boundary, there are also
boundary=protected_area tags of classes 12 and 15.

Either of these could be combined with the appropriate landuse=*, of course.

Just a handful of possibilities - I'm not claiming that any of them is
ideal.