[Tagging] Forestry/logging

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 06:48:15 UTC 2017

Landcover=wood (or the presently OSM popular 'natural=wood')applies to
trees of all types, ages, planting densities and heights.
So there are some sub tags that can be used under that land cover.

Harvesting operations are a function of land use (forestry or farm) and
could be a sub tag under these land uses.

There are some who say that the source tag should not be used, they want
to rely on the changeset comments, these do carry a date.
Personally I prefer using the source tag.