[Tagging] Restaurant that doesn't sell alcohol...

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Tue Apr 11 11:46:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-04-11 at 20:00 +0900, John Willis wrote:
> > On Apr 11, 2017, at 7:26 AM, althio <althio.forum at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > My ideas are about:
> > alcohol=yes/no/bring_your_own
> > wine=yes/no/bring_your_own
>
> +1
>
> Perhaps alcohol:wine=*   ?

That is getting a little into listing what a restaurant sells.

There is a term 'corkage' which is where a 'posh' restaurant allows you
to take your own drinks, but charges a fee. I do not think that is what
Dave was refering to, I suspect he is mapping a Balti where the owners
will not sell, or profit from, alcohol but do not mind customers taking
their own.

The term 'bring your own booze' is a well established one.

I would be happy with
alcohol=yes/no/bring_your_ownalcohol=yes/no/bring_your_own.

Phil (trigpoint)