[Tagging] "Feature Proposal - RFC - (office=courier)"

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 08:19:56 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 25. Apr 2017, at 05:13, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I still believe that for the feature at hand it is enough to have
> amenity=courier, just so we can distinguish it from the traditional
> postal_office.

I also believe we should have a tagging scheme for various kinds of couriers, but I don't think the presented proposal was sufficient for this, as did a majority of voting mappers.

> Do we need subtags for courier yet ? I do not think so.
>
> We are mapping supermarkets/convenience stores which offer different
> products/services for more than 10 years without subtags to
> differentiate between hypermarkets, discounters, supermarkets that
> offer a services of a licensed butcher, etc.

it would also be nice to have these details codified, my guess is locals don't need it because they know what to expect by name and brand, so this wasn't dealt with yet. Generally it isn't an argument to point at other insufficiencies.

10 years ago, the situation was different, if food retail would be proposed now, people would likely request a more refined scheme.

cheers,
Martin