[Tagging] difference of park and garden

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 20:47:06 UTC 2017

What is the difference of a park and a garden in OSM?

Is it the intensity of maintenance? The kind of plants? Their arrangement? The style? The size of the site? The type of owner (private or institutional vs. municipal vs. national)? Whether the thing is associated with a building/a group of buildings? Are there different criteria according to local tradition? Other criteria?

I'm asking because I just noticed that another mapper has, years ago, semiautomatically and undiscussed, retagged in a bigger area all parks to garden which had the word "garden" in their name, and I'm a bit undecided whether there might be some truth to it.

cheers,
Martin

sent from a phone