[Tagging] Solar shop

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Aug 1 11:36:54 UTC 2017

> On Aug 1, 2017, at 1:37 AM, SwiftFast <swiftfast at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> shop=renewable_energy_equipment

This is the right idea, but I would actually go more broadly. There is gonna be different methods and combinations going forward.

I would go with shop=power_generators and power=*, so any type of power generation can be specified (photovoltaic, wind, battery, etc), and can be made more specific as needed without making a new shop=* value.

If you want to stick with a single value just for solar panels, shop=solar_generators or similar is good.

Solar is a common value for the power keys. We shouldn’t deviate from that because somewhere it means diesel fuel. It’s like the paraffin wax/fuel language problem, and OSM already uses “solar” to define power from the sun.

Javbw