[Tagging] Rivers classification

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Aug 8 13:20:31 UTC 2017

W dniu 08.08.2017 o 12:07, Daniel Koć pisze:
> I've just found that length=* tag is quite closely connected to
> waterways (almost 72% uses):
>
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/length#combinations
>
> Taginfo does not show such combination with rivers (it probably omits
> anything <1000 uses), but it's 446 lines already:
>
> http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/qS7

Looks like a "distance" tag is better than "length" when it comes to
long objects like rivers, so I would recommend it in waterway Wiki pages
instead. We have 915 such uses with waterways:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/?key=distance#combinations

Overpass is lagging, so I don't know how many of them are related to the
rivers:

http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/qSq

--
"Like a halo in reverse" [M. Gore]