[Tagging] Deprecating of leisure=common and leisure=village_green

Selfish Seahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:20:19 UTC 2017

Hello

On 7 December 2017 at 17:34, Marc Zoutendijk <marczoutendijk at mac.com> wrote:
> My view (and not mine only, read the discussion) is that a wiki should
> describe how a tag _is_used_ and not how it should be used.

Ideally, how tags *are* used and *should* be used should be the same.

For our data to be of any use, the tags need to be clearly defined and
consistent. (Imagine you're urgently looking for a fire hydrant, but
the hydrant attribute is also used for drinking fountains, because
there is no separate attribute for the last one or it is not displayed
...)

Therefore, it is important that we first think carefully about how we
want to map something and then map it. In addition, less time and
energy would be lost in discussions and retagging.

Cheers