[Tagging] New tag for major recipient postcodes

José G Moya Y. josemoya at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 20:26:24 UTC 2017

El 17/12/2017 21:17, "Tom Pfeifer" <t.pfeifer at computer.org> escribió:

On 17.12.2017 14:36, José G Moya Y. wrote:

> National-wide phone numbers treated (such as +1-800-x in USA, cellphones,
> "vocal nomad" numbers (+34-51-xx in Spain, if I remember well)  are
> unlinked to physical addresses too. Are they directions about how to use it?

Simlarly, OSM is not a phone directory, or a worldwide compendium of
everything. No benefit for OSM adding those.

If I tell about phone numbers and web addresses is just because ID suggest
adding phone numbers and web addresses to things like bank offices or
shops.
Obviously, phone numbers and email addresses are not "on the ground", so
they are just as out of scope of OSM as PO boxes/special zips are.

I think I agree with you about this.