[Tagging] New tag for major recipient postcodes

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 22:10:43 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 17. Dec 2017, at 21:26, José G Moya Y. <josemoya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Obviously, phone numbers and email addresses are not "on the ground", so they are just as out of scope of OSM as PO boxes/special zips are.

I believe this is a very limiting view of both, the scope of OSM and the question of verifiability, and it is far from true: „On the ground“ you can ask a shop owner for her email address or phone number, so the verifiability is there. You can also often get this information from customer receipts, business cards, websites, advertising, a note in the window, etc.

I agree that these special postcodes are not about a physical address of the kind we have specific interest in, but I would not dismiss them as completely out of scope. They are in the same category as email addresses and similar, a way to contact the business.

cheers,
Martin