[Tagging] Proposed Features - RFC - Penstock waterways

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 23 19:24:10 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Regarding thsi proposal, I've moved waterway=duct to waterway=pressurized.
It covers many kind of situations, from natural siphons to man made
penstocks.
While a penstock is always a (man made) pipeline, a natural siphon isn't.
Finally we may get more correct use of pipeline and canals which are
currently overused for underground and pipe flow facilities.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Hydropower_water_supplies

It introduces this new value beside all existing open flow values (river,
stream, canal...).

Feel free to complete comments, all the best

François