[Tagging] [Talk-us] destination:street

Duane Gearhart duane at mapzen.com
Thu Feb 2 15:14:33 UTC 2017

Hey Martijn,

Apologies for my delay getting back to you.

As suggested - I added a link on the destination page [1]

For this location [2] the interchange information would look like this:
destination=West Valley
destination:ref=UT 201 West
destination:street=1300 South;2100 South
as updated here [3]
Note how the destination:street values follow the OSM pattern of spelling
out street names. Also, the semicolon separated names are easily read into
a a list of exit branch street names.

If user would would continue and take exit 305C onto 1300 South [4] as
captured here [5]
then the software can rank, sort, and collapse the consecutive exit
information - therefore, "1300 South" would take precedence over "2100
South"
I briefly discussed this at SotM US 2015 [6] at 12:23 into the video.

I can follow-up with you after the OSM data has been processed with recent
edits.

Regards,
Duane

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:destination#See_also