[Tagging] iD news: v2.1.0 released
bryan at 7thposition.com
Sat Feb 4 15:55:49 UTC 2017
iD v2.1.0 was released Feb 4 2017 and is now available for editing on openstreetmap.org <http://openstreetmap.org/>
Here are some of our favorite new features:
- Disconnected endpoints now appear slightly larger, and iD will warn if a user creates a disconnected road
- Improved save flow directs users to enter their comment and upload their changes (some users would miss that step)
- RTL languages like Arabic and Hebrew are now drawn correctly along line paths (thanks Milad Karbasizadeh)
- Improved checks to avoid creation of duplicate consecutive nodes and invalid geometries (thanks slhh)
- Users must select vertices and nodes before dragging them, preventing accidental drags (thanks Eduard Popov)
- Now support KML and GeoJSON in addition to GPX files (thanks Mert Emin Kalender)
- Icons were refreshed to use the latest Maki iconset (thanks Ajith Ranka)
- Better country-specific customization of address fields (thanks Natsuyasumi)
- Reflect operations! You can now reflect shapes with T ↔️ and Y ↕️ (thanks Psigio)
By my count, 17 people contributed to this release, which feels like a record high. Thank you everyone for an awesome start to 2017!
If you are interested in contributing, or just want to see what we are up to, please follow and star the iD project on GitHub https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD <https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD>
v2.1.0: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/827875204546306049 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/827875204546306049>
New Icons: https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/827724917806346241 <https://twitter.com/bhousel/status/827724917806346241>
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/bhousel <https://twitter.com/bhousel> for more iD updates.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging