[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Carport

markus schnalke meillo at marmaro.de
Tue Feb 7 14:32:50 UTC 2017

[2017-02-04 18:56] Joachim <noreply at freedom-x.de>

> A carport is distinctive enough from building=garage and building=roof
> so that an own tag should be used. [...]
> The key building=* is used since a carport is a type
> of building=roof.

Funny how you first try to set the carport apart from the roof and
then, when explaining what a carport is, classify it (correctly, as
I'd say) as a type of roof, i.e. a roof plus some specific subtags.
-- You shot yourself in the foot. ;-)

But well, our building=* values aren't structured currently anyways,
e.g. building=residential and building=house have the same tagging
structure although one is the super class of the other. It would
be the same case for building=roof and building=carport. We don't
tag building=residential + residential=house, thus, with this
tradition in mind, I could live with building=carport ... maybe not
happily but well enough.

meillo