[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Carport

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:55:29 UTC 2017

> building=residential and building=house have the same tagging
> structure although one is the super class of the other.

yes, they are both describing a building typology, but on different detail
level. We have a very flat hierarchy in the building namespace. Not really
a problem, I'd suggest to prefer more specific terms over more generic
ones, because you can always deduct more generic classes from the specific
types (although admittedly it requires a lot of work to do so, until we are
starting to document all these types).

> It would
> be the same case for building=roof and building=carport. We don't
> tag building=residential + residential=house

+1, building=carport is ok IMHO  in the building tag tradition, it's the
same specificity as building=garage.

Cheers,
Martin