[Tagging] Harmonising source tag values.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:47:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

One mapper has taken on themselves to 'harmonise' some local source tag
values.

There are many more that could be done along the same lines .. the major
example would be Bing, bing, BING, bing yyyy and bing yyyy mm (where
yyyy is the numerical year and mm is the numerical month).

These could all be harmonised to source=Bing (the a majority of tags
carry this) with source:date=yyyy mm as appropriate.

But I would see no point in it. I think people will continue to use
there present source tagging practices ... I use lower case bing for
example and see no real reason to change.

Are there any who see advantages to this 'harmonisation' ?