[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:17:20 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 11 Feb 2017, at 10:28, Dave Swarthout <daveswarthout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> shop=laundry
> automated=yes
> self_service=yes
>
> covers it nicely. In the U.S., we use the term laundromat and I would much prefer to use that scheme but the established tag is shop=laundry.

do we imply driers as well? Should we have a subtag?

The staffed laundries often offer also dry cleaning, which I've never seen in an automated one, and the wiki suggests a different main tag for them: shop=dry_cleaning
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Ddry_cleaning

IMHO, as apparently there are mixed types, it would be better to organize this as subtags within the laundry tag, e.g. dry_cleaning=yes/no/only

cheers,
Martin