[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Power pole extension

ajt1047 at gmail.com ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:27:40 UTC 2017

On 12/02/2017 20:07, Mike Thompson wrote:
> Jherome,
>
> ...  Having spent some time in the electrical industry (in the U.S.)
> my understanding is there is no such thing as "2 phase", only single
> phase and three phase.

In terms of supply to premises, you're going to get single phase or
3-phase, but I think that you can still get minor power lines carrying
just 2 phases (e.g. to 2 houses, each single phase) can't you?

Best Regards,

Andy

(who hasn't actually done any 3-phase wiring in 40 years, so it might
have changed a bit since then!)