[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Power pole extension

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 23:34:28 UTC 2017

On 13-Feb-17 10:25 AM, Tristan Anderson wrote:

> If two-phase power isn't currently in use anywhere, it simply means we
> won't see any instances of the tag phases=2, just like how we'll never
> see phases=17.  It doesn't make anything fundamentally wrong with the
> tagging scheme.  I believe this is a good proposal that should be
> voted on.

There will need to be very careful wording of phases=2 to avoid American
mappers misusing this tag for 240v split single phase. This is common
household wiring for 'hi power' ... 115 v 10 a only gets you 1.15 kw ..
so for things like stoves 240 v is required. I think there will be
instances of phase=2 occurring in the USA, possibly many instances.