[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Power pole extension

Tristan Anderson andersontristan at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 00:39:22 UTC 2017

There's an intersting discussion about this here:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:power%3Dtransformer

Here it is suggested that split single-phase power be tagged as phases=2.  I disagree with this, and instead advocate tagging it as phases=1 voltage=240.  In North America at least, this implies split single-phase power.  The tag phases=2 should be reserved for the rare instances (maybe not so rare in some parts of the world?) where actual two-phase power is present.

Either way, this needs to be standardized and whatever decision we come to needs to be made clear on the wiki pages for power=transformer and the new power pole extension proposal.