[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Power pole extension

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:09:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thank you Jherome for this clarification attempt.
No objection against mixing poles and tower on any lines.

Regarding the phase=2 discussion, phases=* have a clear definition.
Occidental countries usualy have 3-phases power grids, but sometimes, 2
phases lines are used to feed train traction substations or heavy
industries. It's not about a single phase line with neutral pole + 1 live
cable, it's 2 live cables often taken from 3-phases substation or line.
According to the picture used, this is the correct value : the transformer
has 2 cables from a 3-phases line (without neutral pole) connected to its
primary side.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Bridleway%2C_Atwick_-_geograph.org.uk_-_386117.jpg

Furthermore, I'm wondering what's the best tagging regarding transformers
or switches installed on top of power poles/towers :
power=pole
transformer=distribution
voltage=...
phases=...