[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 06:10:53 UTC 2017

On 13-Feb-17 03:42 PM, John Willis wrote:

> Javbw
>
>> On Feb 13, 2017, at 5:38 AM, Mark Wagner <mark+osm at carnildo.com> wrote:
>>

>> That wouldn't work too well in the US.  Here, capacities are
>> typically measured in notional "loads": the average laundromat would
>> have a large number of "single-load" machines, a few "double-load" or
>> "triple-load" machines, and possibly a side-loading "five-load" machine
>> for things like quilts or sleeping bags.
> Since it can be converted to Kg, it could be normalized, or a US tagging scheme used, since there are tons of laundromats in the US:
>
> Laundromat:US:1load_agitator_washer=20
> Laundromat:US:2load_agitator_washer=2
> Laundromat:US:5load_sidewasher=1
>
> I wonder what the rest of the world uses for laundry measurement - pieces? Loads? Weight?

I would think it is best to use the same practices used for other units ...

The default should be SI units ... like kilometre km for distance, but other units like miles can be used if the unit is appended.

Washing machines sizing looks like they use mass (kg) for some places (UK, Australia, NZ), pounds for some (USA) and volume (cubic foot) in other places (USA?)... so that is a bit confusing.

See the web links below for examples of size units.

I would think that the same tag values should be used so

laundry:top_loading:1_load=20 (if 'load' can be found as a size .. somewhere?)

laundry:top_loading:5_cu_ft=20

laundry:top_loading:6_lbs=20

laundry:top_loading:20_kg=20

laundry:front_loading:15_kg=8

laundry:shoe_washer=2

I have never heard the terms 'sidewasher' .. I assume this is what I call front loading?
UK - front loader https://www.amazon.co.uk/Washing-Machines-Front-Load/b?ie=UTF8&node=494926031

I note that front loaders are common in the domestic area .. but commercially (in Laundromats) top loaders are more common.

Agitator I have heard of .,.. but that is a 'top loader'?

USA - front loader and top loader https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=washing+machine&sprefix=washing+ma%2Caps%2C428&crid=30REZUSOII599