[Tagging] lanes=3 + lanes:forward/backward=1 for "semi-divided" roads?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:00:51 UTC 2017

> I'd consider mapping it as a dual carriageway.  I don't know what the
> law is in Pennsylvania, but here in Idaho, a doubled double-yellow
> line is the legal equivalent of a physical barrier: you are not allowed
> to drive across it for any reason.

you shouldn't do it, because it would be inserting wrong data: separate
ways indicate separate carriageways in OSM. There's a big difference
between not allowed and not possible.

There a divider tag proposed (but apperently inactive):
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Divider
apparently this tag has been started to being used since it was marked as
abandoned in 2008:

Cheers,
Martin