[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 04:00:08 UTC 2017

On 14-Feb-17 01:44 PM, John Willis wrote:

> Javbw
>
>> On Feb 14, 2017, at 5:43 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Mappers can enter miles instead of kilometres .. so they too should be able to enter the units they have into the capacity of the laundry machine.
> Yea, because it is well known that they correlate, like C and F.
>
> The loads idea requires people to actually know what the ratio is for mapping and the data user to be able to show the correct unit for the user. Also, the load might vary a bit and not line up cleanly, so it might display a 1.2 load washer or something.

I don't think the variation would worry most people ...it is just an indication of how much maybe put into the machine.
Not many people measure their load into the machine.:-)

> Maybe it is best to have a single unit (kg?) and have the data provider translate the information into loads, but it seems that mapping a million washing machines that are all labeled in one unit for one continent in its native unit is good for mappers to get it mapped correctly.

The mappers need to be able to enter the data they have directly, in what ever units they have, this minimises any possibility of input error.

Any calculation should be done by the data user .. into whatever units they desire.
Correlation between the units should not be handled by 1,000,002 mappers .. they may have different ideas of the correlation.
This helps in that there is only one area of calculation .. and that can be easily corrected if required.
Where no conversion is needed, say cu ft to cu ft, then there will be no calculation .. and this would probably be the case for a local map.