[Tagging] self-service laudry machines a camp and caravan sites

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Feb 16 13:51:21 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Mark Wagner <mark+osm at carnildo.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 10:28:17 +0900
> John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > Javbw
> >
> > Side note:
> >
> > I imagine laundromats could have a whole
> >
> > Laundromat:foobar=n  scheme.
> >
> > Laundromat:10kg_dryer=8
> > Laundromat:20kg_dryer=2
> > Laundromat:10kg_sidewasher=3
> > Laundromat:20kg_sidewasher=1
> > Laundromat:shoe_washer=1
> > Laundromat:shoe_dryer=1
> >
> > Would be the closest laundromat to my house, Kg are approx.
>
> That wouldn't work too well in the US.  Here, capacities are
> typically measured in notional "loads": the average laundromat would
> have a large number of "single-load" machines, a few "double-load" or
> "triple-load" machines, and possibly a side-loading "five-load" machine
> for things like quilts or sleeping bags.

Reminds me of going to Liberty Laundry and asking the attendant the first
time it came up, "How many loads is a fursuit, anyway?"  He eyeballed it
and said, "You want the second largest; it'll probably go off balance if
you use the largest and might get damaged in a smaller one.

This probably isn't making it simpler, but seems when it comes to laundry
in the US, there's not really a set "load" size, even though every machine
ever at a commercial laundry shows capacities in "loads."